Enough with the hibernation, I’m back! It has been a hectic time, organizing this cooking competition with an amazing dynamic team. The grand finale at the beginning of June was a success for me (at least we didn’t burn down the restaurant where it was held). A few hiccups here and there but we did well, and I’m really looking forward to organizing this again next year. After that I needed to complete my application for this scholarship. Yesss I’ve decided to study in Le Cordon Bleu Australia! And this scholarship is my only ticket there since currently I’m still loaded with my student debt. The result will come out at the end of this year, so fingers crossed; hope that things will go smoothly. Now I’m back full swing, sharing with you a few of my favorite blogs and articles (obviously not raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens)
- Hawker food, which carries a special cultural value, is an indispensable part of Singapore life. This article goes beyond the surface of a humble kueh and tells a compelling story of a hawker trying to preserve the country’s traditions.
- This piece gives a unique angle on food in prison and how inmates create food to their liking within the prison’s constraints. We will also be required to strip off any judgment to only see the prisoners, their ability and their culinary passion.
- I love reading about all things related to psychology, and this article is one of the best I’ve read so far on the ever-controversial prison experiment. Did you know that there is even a movie about this?
- As I’m still a super newbie in food photography, I’ve been looking out and learning from other blogs, and A Brown Table is a very fascinating blog with amazing cooking-in-motion photos.
- I also admire Mandy and Molly, who are incredibly creative with their food. Plus, they are also entertaining to read.
- If I’m in the mood for something calm and peaceful, Plated Stories is my go-to place. Jamie’s writing and Ilva’s photos just go so well together.
- Finally, I’m so glad I discovered this Vietnamese food YouTube channel and blog.
Well, that’s it from me for now. How about you? What are your favorites? Happy weekend everyone!